Chickpea and Spinach Soup
This is a delicious soup, full of healthy ingredients and tasty spices. It was especially nice on a chilly winter’s day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 6oz canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup baby soup pasta
- 150 g / 5 1/2 oz baby leaf spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- pinch saffron
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Saute the onions until glassy.
- Add the spices and mix to make an aromatic even mixture.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well.
- Add the vegetable stock and baby pasta.
- When the pasta has become soft.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- We enjoy he soup as it is at this stage.
- If you wish for a thicker creamer soup, you can puree half of he soup, and have the other half as chunky ingredient, or you may wish t puree the whole soup for a smooth thick mixture.