Tangerine Mini Tart
These light pastries were very nice. They’re easy to make and make a lovely treat on a cold winter’s day.
Serving Size: 2
- 4 tangerines
- 3 sheets frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. ground almonds (optional)
- Squeeze 2 of the tangerines for the juice.
- Place in a small saucepan to heat.
- Add the cinnamon and allspice.
- Blend in the corn starch and turn on the heat.
- Stir the mixture o make sure it does not scorch.
- When the juice has become thick and clear , remove from the hat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / 428 F or according to instructions o the pastry package.
- Thaw 3 sheets of puff pastry.
- Place 2 sheets on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Slice 8 thin strips from the 3rd piece of puff pastry.
- Put a thin strip of water on each of the 4 edges of the 2 pastries on the cookie sheet and place 1 strip along each side, making each edge of the pastries slightly higher.
- Prick the bottom of the pastries with a fork so that they do not swell up.
- Carefully peel the other 2 tangerines, and using a sharp knife gently slice through the tangerines to make 4 slices from each tangerine.
- Place a small amount of the tangerine sauce on the bottom of each pastry.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of ground almonds over the sauce and top with the 4 slices of tangerine.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are puffed and lightly golden.
- Optionally sprinkle powdered sugar before serving.