Gnocchi with Sicilian Eggplant Sauce
This is our new favorite way to enjoy gnocchi. Eggplants are still in season so we have a couple more opportunities to enjoy this tasty meal.
- 1 package gnocchi (500 grams)
- 1 eggplant, cubed in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 180 grams spicy ground tofu pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato chunks
- 2 handfuls raisins
- Italian seasonings (oregano, basil, thyme)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the eggplant, onions and garlic in the oil until the eggplant begins to soften and the onion becomes glassy.
- Add the ground tofu pieces.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, raisins and Italian seasonings.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and optionally with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the gnocchi.
- When they begin to float they are done, drain the cooked gnocchi from the water.
- To serve, either add the gnocchi to the sauce, or serve the gnocchi with the sauce on top. We garnished the meal with a few purple basil leaves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.