Beluga Lentil Toast Points with Chive and Garlic Soy Yogurt
This was a delicious lunch that we enjoyed today. It would also make lovely appetizers or finger food at a party.
for the lentils:
- 1/4 cup beluga lentils
- about 2 cups boiling salted water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
for the soy yogurt:
- 1&1/2 cups soy yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, mined
- 1/4 cup chives, minced
- splash lemon juice
- pinch salt and white pepper
- optional splash of Tabasco or cayenne pepper
for the toast:
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- additional chives for garnish
- Place the lentils in a small saucepan with 2 cups boiling salted water.
- Cook the lentils 15-20 minutes until al dente.
- When the lentils have cooked, drain the liquid, pour the 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and small pinch of salt over the lentils and stir to mix.
- Meanwhile, place the soy yogurt in a cheesecloth and drain the excess liquid, to thicken the soy yogurt.
- Add the minced garlic and chives.
- Add a splash of lemon juice and a small pinch of salt and white pepper.
- If you’d like it to be slightly spice, optionally a dash of Tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- Mix well ad season to taste.
- Slice the crusts from the wholewheat bread and place in a toaster to lightly toast.
- Once they are toast, slice into triangular points.
- Spread a dollop of soy yogurt on each toast point, and sprinkle generously with the lentils.
- Garnish with a few minced chives ad enjoy.
You could optionally use a baguette, sliced in rounds and toasted as bruschetta.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.