Chestnuts on Toast with Soy Creamy Wine Sauce
This is a delicious, yet elegant breakfast or brunch recipe for the holidays. It’s very quick ad easy to make, yet presents very impressively. You could also cut the portions in half and serve it as an appetizer or first course of a holiday diner.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. vacuum packed chestnuts
- 2-3 banana shallots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup wine
- 3/4 cup soy cream or coconut cream
- splash lemon juice
- 2 handfuls minced parsley (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-16 slices whole grain bread
- Chop the shallots and mince the parsley.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the shallots.
- When the shallots have softened and become glassy, add 1/4 cup of wine.
- Add the chestnuts and be sure they separate form each other.
- Add the soy cream, turn down the heat so that it is a soft simmer.
- Add one handful of parsley and the splash of lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If the sauce is getting too thick, you can use the other 1/4 cup of wine to thin it out.
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster.
- Serve the chestnuts on the toast garnished with a bit of parsley sprinkled on top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.