Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Apricots
This is a lovely, mild and creamy soup. We enjoyed this soup as the first course to a lovely Sunday evening supper on a cold winter’s night.
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt to taste
- Chop the red bell pepper.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato.
- Cut the dried apricots in small pieces.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a medium soup pot.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add the chopped sweet potato, mix well and saute until the sweet potato begins to soften.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, mild curry powder and apricot pieces and cook until the sweet potato is soft.
- Puree the soup to a creamy smooth consistency. (I used an immersion blender)
- Season the soup to taste with additional seasonings if necessary.
- Serve the soup warm, optionally garnished with a bit of green and an apricot.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.