Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Apricots
This is a lovely, mild and creamy soup. We enjoyed this soup as the first course to a lovely Sunday evening supper on a cold winter’s night.
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 small sweet red bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt to taste
- Chop the red bell pepper.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato.
- Cut the dried apricots in small pieces.
- Heat the vegan margarine in a medium soup pot.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper and saute until soft.
- Add the chopped sweet potato, mix well and saute until the sweet potato begins to soften.
- Add the vegetable bouillon, mild curry powder and apricot pieces and cook until the sweet potato is soft.
- Puree the soup to a creamy smooth consistency. (I used an immersion blender)
- Season the soup to taste with additional seasonings if necessary.
- Serve the soup warm, optionally garnished with a bit of green and an apricot.