Parsnip Bruschetta with Soy Cheese, Truffle Oil and Rucola
This makes a nice lunch or can be used as finger food at a party. The garlic and truffle oil are nice complements to the sweet parsnips.
Servings: ca. 12
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 large parsnips
- splash of truffle oil (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- soy cheese to grate as garish
- handful of rucola as garnish
- 1 baguette or 1/2 whole grain bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the parsnips.
- Steam them until soft.
- When the parsnips are soft, place in a bowl or food processor.
- Add the vegan margarine and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, slice and toast or grill the bread to a light crispy toast.
- When the toast is ready, remove the skin for the clove of garlic slice of the end and rub the garlic over each slice of toast.
- Heap a tablespoon or two of the pureed parsnips on the toast.
- Drizzle a bit more truffle or olive oil over the top.
- Grate some soy cheese and garnish with a couple of rucola leaves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.