Asparagus & Pear Salad with Watercress and Rucola
This pretty salad has a very nice blend of flavors. The pears and asparagus are really nice together.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 12 spears asparagus (3 per person)
- 2 pears
- small bunch watercress
- handful rucola (also known as rocket or arugula) per person
- 1-2 ounces soy cheese
- rosy peppercorns as garnish (optional)
for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 1/4 cup berry vinegar (raspberry, blackberry etc.)
- 2 tablespoons berry syrup or agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons mild mustard
- pinch salt and pepper
- If you are using fresh white asparagus:
Peel the asparagus and trim the hard woody end off.
Cook in a lightly salted pot of water until al dente.
Once cooked, drain and allow to cool.
- If you are using canned or jarred asparagus, then it’s merely a matter of opening the container and draining the liquid off.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a carafe and mix well.
- Wash the rucola and watercress.
- Remove the long stem parts of the rucola.
- Pick each of the watercress leaves from the stem.
- Arrange the greens on 4 individual plates.
- Cut each asparagus in 2-3 long sections and arrange on each plate.
- Peel the pear, slice in half and then slice each half in thin parts.
- Arrange the parts on each plate so that each person gets about 1/2 a pear.
- Grate the soy cheese on top and sprinkle a few rosy peppercorns as an optional garnish.
- Serve the salad with the carafe of dressing so each may help themselves.
We would recommend the white asparagus to go with the pears.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.