Here is another tasty way to enjoy ratatouille. These are quick and easy to make. They are best warm, but could also be served as finger food at a party.
Yield: 24 bruschetta slices
- 1 eggplant, cut in small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in small pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped in small pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Italian herbs
- salt and pepper
- oil to saute with
- 2 baguettes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fine olive oil
- balsamic vinegar to drizzle on top
- basil leaves as optional garnish
- Prepare all the vegetables, de-seeding and chopping etc.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Begin cooking the bell pepper first, as it takes the longest time to soften.
- Then add the zucchini and onion, saute until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, herbs and tomato pieces.
- Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down to keep the vegetables warm.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette and brush each side with fine olive oil.
- Grill or toast the baguette slices.
- Place a spoonful of ratatouille on each toasted baguette.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar on top, and garnish with a basil leaf.