Baked Parsnips with Madeira
This is an elegant sort of gratin. It is very tasty and would make a nice holiday side dish.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 lb. parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 fl.oz. Madeira or Dry Sherry
- 4fl.oz. soy cream
- 2 ounces vegan margarine or olive oil
- salt and ‘white’ black pepper
- 2o oz walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C and grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Place the parsnips in a large saucepan, cover with water bring to a boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soft,
- Drain the parsnips well , and place in a large mixing bowl together with the Madeira or sherry, vegan soy cream and half of the vegan margarine. Season with salt and ‘white’ pepper.
- Transfer to the greased dish, dot with the remaining vegan margarine and sprinkle walnuts over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until browned.
- Serve hot.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.