Grilled Tempeh with Kiwi Salsa
We really enjoyed the kiwi salsa on our grilled tempeh last weekend. It’s a very nice combination.
Serving Size: 4
for the tempeh:
- 12-16 ounce block of tempeh (enough for 4 persons)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
for the kiwi salsa:
- 4 ripe kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- fresh lime juice
- pinch salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
for the tempeh:
- Make a marinade from the soy sauce, water, vinegar garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place the marinade I a large shallow casserole dish.
- Slice the tempeh 1/3-1/2 inch thick locks or triangles.
- Place in the marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Spray a grill with oil and place the tempeh slices on the grill to cook.
- Cook evenly until lightly browned.
For the salsa:
- Peel the kiwis and cut I small pieces
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sugar to draw out their juices.
- Chop the onion, jalapeño and cilantro and add to the kiwis.
- Sprinkle with lime juice and mix well.
- Season to taste with a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the tempeh with the salsa on top or at the side.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.