Simple Rhubarb Mustard
There are may different ways to make rhubarb mustard, this one is quite simple and we really enjoyed it with seitan, asparagus and baked potatoes.
Yield: 1 & 1/2 – 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups rhubarb
- 1 jar mild grainy mustard (335 g)
- Clean the rhubarb. Make sure to discard the leaves. Slice the rhubarb in 1 inch chunks.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the water and sugar to a boil, thus making a simple syrup.
- Add the rhubarb and cook until the rhubarb has become very soft.
- Cook a bit longer to reduce the amount of liquid to about half, thus making thus intensifying the rhubarb flavor.
- Add the jar of mustard to the cooking rhubarb and mix well.
- Cook the rhubarb mustard mixture for about 10 minutes.
- “Can” or “jar” the rhubarb mustard as you would preserves.
Chose a mild grainy mustard that you normally enjoy.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.