Baked Potatoes with Fava Beans, Mint, Soy Cheese and Sesame
This is delicious. The combination of sesame, favas, mint and soy cheese makes a lovely sauce or sort of pesto and on top of the baked potatoes it was heavenly.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 large potatoes (one per person)
- 1 & 1/2-2 cups fava beans, shelled
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 6 ounces soy cheese or non-dairy parmesan
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard (optional)
- salt and pepper
- dash cayenne
- sesame seeds as garnish
- Wash the potatoes, prick them in various places overall and bake as usual. Depending on size 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fava puree.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to boil.
- Place the shelled favas in the water and boil for 10 minutes.
- When done, drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process.
- When the fava are cool enough to handle, remove the beans from the skins.
- Set a handful of favas aside to sprinkle on top, and puree the rest with the sesame oil.
- Add the seasonings and mint and whiz once more to evenly blend all of the ingredients.
- Place the fava puree in a saucepan and keep warm on a low heat.When the potatoes are done.
- Remove from the oven, slice part way through, and put some of the fava puree on top.
- Sprinkle some of the grated soy cheese on top and return to the oven to melt the cheese.
- Optionally, if you use non-dairy parmesan you could plate the potatoes with putting them in the oven again.
To serve the potatoes:
- Lightly toast 2 tablespoons sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Slice the potato part way, fill the opening with the fava puree, sprinkle a few more favas on top and then the soy cheese or non-dairy parmesan and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
If you want a thicker sauce, you could add walnuts, almonds or cashews to the favas after you have pureed them.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.