Almond Lace Cookies with vanilla Soy Yogurt and Grapes
This was a lovely snack that we enjoyed today. It’s very easy to make.
Yield: about 24 cookies
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 4 ounces vegan margarine, melted
- almond slices or slivers as decoration (optional)
- 2 cups vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 large bunch seedless grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 395 F / 202 C.
- Place the almond flour, AP flour, powdered sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the vegan margarine.
- Add the margarine to the flour mixture.
- Mix to a stiff dough. (A bit of water may be needed, however I did not need it).
- Place a teaspoon full of the dough onto a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Space the cookie dough far enough apart, as they will spread to be large cookies.
- Sprinkle a few almond slices or slices on top if you wish.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, place a cheesecloth in a sieve, and the sieve over a bowl.
- Pour the soy yogurt into the cheesecloth and allow the excess water to drip away.
- Clean and halve the grapes.
- We served a cookie on a plate, covered with the thickened soy yogurt, grapes sprinkled on top and a second cookie broken and placed randomly in the yogurt.