Blueberry Soy Yogurt in Puff Pastry Cups
This is so simple, it hardly deserves a recipe, but it can be served in a lovely fashion.
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2-3 cups plain soy yogurt
- 1 Tbs. powdered sugar
- splash lemon juice
- generous pinch cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 428 F / 220 C.
- Place the thawed puff pastry in a small cup or bowl.
- Bake blind, for 15-20 minutes until golden brown or as directed on the package.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using 1/2 of the blueberries, make a sauce.
- Place 1/2 the blueberries in a saucepan, add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and the water.
- Bring to a boil until the berries have softened.
- Mix the cornstarch with a bit of water and add to the cooking blueberries.
- Allow the mixture to thicken, stirring continuously.
- Remove from the heat when the mixture becomes clear and thick.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, drain the excess liquid from the yogurt by placing it in cheesecloth and allowing it to drip for 1/2 an hour.
- When the liquid has drained, place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Add the blueberry jam/syrup that was cooling and mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the remaining fresh blueberries to the yogurt and gently mix.
- Place the blueberry yogurt in the puff pasty cups.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with the remaining blueberries.