Stir-Fried Eggplant and Pear
This sweet and spicy side dish tastes great on couscous with some falafel balls on the side.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon taco seasonings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 conference pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 organic lime or lemon, zest and juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan. When toasted, remove from the pan and set aside until needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Wash and cube the eggplant.
- Place the cubed eggplant in the pan and stir-fry until soft.
- Add the seasonings and mix well. If the mixture is too dry to continue frying, add a small splash of water, enough so that the eggplant does not stick to the pan.
- Peel and core the pears and cut into cubes the same size as the eggplant.
- Add the pears to the eggplant and carefully mix together.
- Zest the lime or lemon, and squeeze over the eggplant mixture.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and zest on top and serve.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.