This is a lovely spring and early summer drink. It’s very much like pink lemonade, except a bit different with rhubarb and the carbonated water.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound rhubarb stalks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- splash lemon juice
- carbonated water, chilled
- Chill the carbonated water.
- Clean the rhubarb and remove the leaves as they are poisonous.
- Cut the rhubarb into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the 1/2 cup water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the rhubarb and splash of lemon juice.
- Cook the rhubarb until it is soft.
- Place a cheesecloth in a sieve and set over a bowl
- Pour the cooked rhubarb into the sieve and allow to drain through. Gently push the rhubarb so that all of the juice and liquid has been drained, but don’t push too hard as it will “cloud” the liquid.
- Allow the rhubarb liquid to cool, or chill in the refrigerator before serving.
- We placed the rhubarb syrup in a pitcher, and then added the carbonated water. One can also make individual servings with about 1/4 cup of rhubarb syrup and the rest carbonated water.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.