Asparagus Appetizer with Vegan Sausage and Radishes
This is a very elegant way to enjoy asparagus in season. It makes a lovely appetizer, or a nice salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. green asparagus, cleaned, sliced and cooked al dente
- 2-4 vegan sausages or vegan hot dogs, sliced and warmed
- 1 bunch fresh radishes, cleaned, sliced very thinly and marinated
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
for the mustard sauce:
- 2 tablespoons mild grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 2-3 tablespoons raspberry marmalade or jam
- splash water
- Clean the asparagus, cut the tough woody part of the stem off and slice as you would like to serve.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the asparagus al dente.
- Once the asparagus are cooked, drain and plunge into icy cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow the asparagus to cool.
- Slice into rounds and lightly heat the vegan hot dogs or sausages.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil add the rice vinegar.
- Clean the radishes, and slice very thinly. I used a mandolin.
- Cook the radish slices for 3-5 minutes then plunge into cold water.
- Make the mustard sauce by mixing the ingredients. You may need a splash of water to be able to blend the spread.
- Serve as a salad or appetizer.
- Arrange the asparagus pieces, vegan hot dog pieces and radish pieces on individual salad plates.
- Dot some of the mustard sauce around the plate to dip the hot dog pieces and asparagus in.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.