Purple Potato and Leek Soup
We love the flavor of purple potatoes. They are so rich and earthy.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 & 1/2 lb. purple potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, white parts only
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4-6 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup soy cream
- garnished with soy yogurt, chives and a few tomato pieces
- Wash and prepare the potatoes.
- Slice the leek and mince the garlic,
- Melt the vegan margarine and olive oil in a soup pot.
- Add the leeks and gently sauté.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and sliced potatoes.
- Add the garlic and bring the soup to a boil, then turn down to a simmer.
- Cook the soup until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree the cooked soup. It will be very thick, so thin with the white wine.
- Add the salt, white pepper and rubbed sage and again puree.
- At this point, if you want, you can add soy cream. We were very happy with the soup so only used soy yogurt as a garnish.
- Serve the soup garnished with soy yogurt, chives and possibly with tomato pieces.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.