Succotash has always been a favorite vegetable at our house. This time we made it with fava beans.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 12 ounce (340 g) bag baby lima beans, fava beans or edamame
- 3-4 ears corn, cut off the cob
- ¼ cup (60 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- salt and black pepper to taste
- small handful of chives as optional garnish
- If using fava beans that still have the skins, you will need to blanch them and remove the skins.
- Otherwise, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the beans (limas, favas or edamame) al dente.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Place in medium saucepan.
- Add the 1/4 cup non-dairy milk.
- Bring to a medium heat and cook the corn al dente (1-8 minutes).
- When the beans are cooked, drain the water off.
- Add the cooked beans to the corn and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the tablespoon of butter and lightly mix.
- Chop the chives and place on top of the succotash as garnish.
You can also use green beans for a different sort of succotash.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.