Sweet Sour Wok Vegetables with Noodles
This is a very filling and satisfying meal that we enjoyed over the weekend.
Serving Size: 4
- 1- 18 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1 inch ginger
- 14 ounces mixed Asian vegetables (carrots, red onion, red bell pepper,sugar snap pea pods, bean sprouts, chinese cabbage or bok choi etc)
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 heaping teaspoon cornstarch
- cooking oil
- 3 spring onions
- 8 ounces ramen noodles
- approx. 16 vegan vegetable balls, (4 per person)
- Drain the pineapple pieces from the juice and save the juice.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Mix about 1 cup of the pineapple juice with the ketchup, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- If using individual vegetables, peel the carrots and slice into rounds, or matchsticks, whichever you prefer.
- Clean and cut the rest of the vegetables you have chosen, or if using a pre-prepared package of Asian vegetables then merely open the package.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the mixed Asian vegetables to the wok and stir fry.
- Meanwhile heat a pot of lightly salted water and cook the noodles.
- Add the vegan vegetable balls and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the pineapple pieces and stir to mix.
- Re-mix the pineapple juice/tomato mixture and add to the vegetables.
- Stir until the sauce has become thick and remove from the heat.
- Drain the rahmen noodles.
- Serve the vegetables an vegan vegetable balls on top and at the side of the ramen noodles.
- Slice the green parts of the spring onion and sprinkle on top. You may wish to also sprinkle a few sesame seeds as well.