Asian Stir-Fry Veggies On Noodles
This is really a quick and easy dinner that tastes wonderful. We enjoy it often.
Serving Size: 4
- 16 ounces broccoli, cut in rosettes and small pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 8 ounces spicy tofu pieces
- 4 ounces ketchup
- 4 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Asian (udon) noodles for 4
- Cut the broccoli into rosettes and place in a steamer.
- Steam the broccoli al dente.
- Plunge the al dente broccoli pieces in icy water to keep the crunch and color.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Slice the onion.
- De-seed and slice the red bell pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the red bell pepper and begin to stir fry until they soften.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry until the begin to become golden.
- Add the onion slices.
- At last add the broccoli and spicy tofu pieces.
- Mix the ketchup and sweet chili sauce. and add to the vegetables that are frying.
- Mix well and turn the heat to low.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and cook al dente (3-5 minutes).
- Drain the noodles and serve the vegetables on top.