Broccoli and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
Sweet potatoes and broccoli are a very nice combination. We enjoyed this lightly spiced meal as a main meal served at lunch-time.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh chopped basil leaves as garnish
for the sauce:
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- To ensure all the vegetables were evenly cooked and save cooking time, we first steamed the sweet potato and then the broccoli.
- Next, heat the oil in a a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the red bell pepper pieces and sauté until soft.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté until glassy.
- Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, stir well to ensure the cornstarch is incorporated.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes and broccoli to the frying pan. gently stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir to mix well.
- The sauce will thicken and become clear.
- Serve the meal with the chopped basil sprinkled over the top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.