Broccoli and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry
Sweet potatoes and broccoli are a very nice combination. We enjoyed this lightly spiced meal as a main meal served at lunch-time.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped in bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh chopped basil leaves as garnish
for the sauce:
- ¼ cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- To ensure all the vegetables were evenly cooked and save cooking time, we first steamed the sweet potato and then the broccoli.
- Next, heat the oil in a a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the red bell pepper pieces and sauté until soft.
- Add the sliced onions and sauté until glassy.
- Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, stir well to ensure the cornstarch is incorporated.
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes and broccoli to the frying pan. gently stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and stir to mix well.
- The sauce will thicken and become clear.
- Serve the meal with the chopped basil sprinkled over the top.