This soup has a spectacular color. I like to serve it for Christmas dinner. It’s also delicious cold.
- 1 1/2 lb. beets, washed, peeled and grated
- 1 qt water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 100 milliliters soy cream
- Wash, peel and coarsely grate beets.
- Place beets, water, salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice in a deep pan.
- Cook until beets are tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Puree using a kitchen machine, blender or a staff mixer.
- For an extra smooth soup put through a sieve.
- Shortly before serving add the soy cream.
- Garnish with a few baby beet leaves.