Dill scones with horseradish soy yogurt
These scones are dillies! There is just a mild hint of dill in the scones that is also reflected in the spread. Lovely and light for a Sunday morning breakfast.
- 300 grams flour
- 2 tbs. baking powder
- 50 grams soy margarine, softened
- 2 egg replacement
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup spy milk
- 3 tbs. dill , finely chopped
- for the spread
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt (plain)
- 2 tsp. horseradish
- 1 tsp. corn syrup
- 2 tbs. dill , finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Mix the soy milk and egg replacement together.
- Add the chopped dill to the soy milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and the soft margarine and mix well.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed until it is a soft supple dough.
- Roll the dough out until about 1/2-3/4 inch thick.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a small glass, cut out 15-18 round forms.
- Place the scones on a cookie sheet with baking parchment and bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Horseradish soy yogurt:
- Meanwhile, mix the horseradish with the yogurt.
- Add salt and pepper and a dash of corn syrup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
They taste best fresh out of the oven.