Zucchini and Pesto Rice Timbale
These tasty towers are great as a salad or they can also be used as an appetizer. They’re colorful and quick and easy to make.
Serving Size: 4
- 200 grams white rice, cooked
- 1 med. zucchini, cut in very thin slices
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto
- tomato and chives as garnish
- Cook the rice and allow to slightly cool.
- Make the pesto (I chose basil but you can use any green pesto of choice.
- When the rice has cooled, make sure there is not extra water, if so drain the rice.
- Mix the pesto into the rice.
- Using a pastry ring, fill the lower 1/4 with the “green” rice.
- Place a layer of the zucchini over the rice and then another layer of rice, followed with a second layer of zucchini.
- I topped the tower with rice, and garnished with a tomato and a few chives.
- However, if you wish, it is also pretty topped with a layer of zucchini and garnish of choice.