Sweet Red Bell Pepper with Apple Soup
The sweetness of the red bell peppers is complimented by the sweet apples making this a very nice warm soup for a chilly fall evening.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 large red bell peppers, seeded,ribs removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili powder
- Saute the onion until glassy.
- Add the vegetables and apples and lightly saute until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup to a smooth mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and if desired a pinch of chili powder.