This makes a very tasty light supper. It is also good served as a salad as well.
Serving Size: 2
- 500 grams tri-colored pasta such as fusilli
- 1 eggplant, cut in thin slices
- 5 Tbs. good olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zested
- 100 grams good black olives without the pit
- 1 Tbs. mixed Italian herbs
- Slice the eggplant in thin rounds and cut them in half to be half moon shapes.
- Place in an oven proof baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 220 (C) / 428 (F.
- Mix the olive oil, Italian herbs and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the oil over the eggplant and mix well so that each of the pieces is coated.
- Place in the oven to roast for 10-15 minutes, turn regularly so that all of the eggplant cooks evenly.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil.
- Squeeze the lemon and add to the remaining olive oil.
- Cook the pasta.
- When he pasta is cooked, drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the eggplant, and olives, drizzle the remaining lemon juice and olive oil mixture over and mix well.