Carrots with Cassis Mustard and Red Onions
Not only is this side dish very colorful, it tastes wonderful. We are very happy to have blackcurrant bushes in our garden and used them to make our own cassis mustard.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 teaspoon vegan margarine
- 2 cups red onion, cut in rings
- 3 cups carrot, julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons cassis mustard
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis or blackcurrant syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the carrots.
- Place in a steamer and steam until tender.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a medium frying pan.
- Add the onions and lightly saute
- In a small saucepan, mix the cassis mustard and creme de cassis to make a smooth sauce.
- Warm the sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve the carrots in a serving dish, with the onions spread on top and a bit of the cassis sauce on top of the onions and carrots.