This is a very tasty soup that we enjoyed on a rainy summer’s day. It was very easy to adapt to being vegan. We enjoyed the spicy flavor from the jalapeno and did nnt find it too hot.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the chopped onion and yellow bell pepper pieces and begin to saute.
- Ad the potato pieces and jalapeno pieces. Stir to mix well.
- Add the vegetable bouillon. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a soft boil.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Add the vinegar and puree the soup (I used an immersion blender).
- Season to taste.
- Serve the soup with the chopped cilantro as garnish on top.