We really enjoyed this tasty treat Sunday afternoon. The combination of apples with the date caramel sauce was delicious, and the chickpea crepes have been a favorite of ours, ever since we saw them on Delicious tv back in 2007.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup apple juice
for the crepes:
- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 3 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar
for the caramel sauce
for the apples:
- Heat the apple juice in a small saucepan.
- Core and slice the apples and add to the hot apple juice.
- Cook the apples just until they soften, then remove from the heat.
Make the caramel sauce before starting with the crepes.
to make the crepes:
- Place the ingredients for the crepes in a medium large bowl.
- Beat or whisk the batter to a smooth consistency.
- Allow the batter to “sit” for 10 minutes and then whisk once more.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan and pour 1/3 of a cup of the batter into the pan.
- Spread the batter around the pan with a crepe spatula or tip the pan to create an even crepe.
- Cook the crepe until it has a dry surface.
- Gently shake the crepe pan to loosen the crepe so you can flip it, or turn with a pancake spatula.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- You can keep the made crepes warm in the oven until all have been prepared.
- Place a crepe on each plate.
- Using a slotted spoon, place 4-5 apple slices in each crepe.
- Fold the crepe over and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top and along the sides.