Apple Crepes with Salty Date Caramel Sauce
We really enjoyed this tasty treat Sunday afternoon. The combination of apples with the date caramel sauce was delicious, and the chickpea crepes have been a favorite of ours, ever since we saw them on Delicious tv back in 2007.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup apple juice
for the crepes:
- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 1 cup white unbleached flour
- 3 ¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon sugar
for the caramel sauce
for the apples:
- Heat the apple juice in a small saucepan.
- Core and slice the apples and add to the hot apple juice.
- Cook the apples just until they soften, then remove from the heat.
Make the caramel sauce before starting with the crepes.
to make the crepes:
- Place the ingredients for the crepes in a medium large bowl.
- Beat or whisk the batter to a smooth consistency.
- Allow the batter to “sit” for 10 minutes and then whisk once more.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan and pour 1/3 of a cup of the batter into the pan.
- Spread the batter around the pan with a crepe spatula or tip the pan to create an even crepe.
- Cook the crepe until it has a dry surface.
- Gently shake the crepe pan to loosen the crepe so you can flip it, or turn with a pancake spatula.
- Continue until all the batter has been used.
- You can keep the made crepes warm in the oven until all have been prepared.
- Place a crepe on each plate.
- Using a slotted spoon, place 4-5 apple slices in each crepe.
- Fold the crepe over and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top and along the sides.