Gnocchi with Kale & Beans
This recipe with gnocchi, fresh kale and white beans makes a very hearty and filling winter meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oi
- 1 package gnocchi, (16 ounces)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chopped kale, large rid removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- pinch Italian seasonings
- pinch cayenne or red pepper flakes
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil for the gnocchi.
- Prepare the kale.
- Chop the onion and mice the garlic.
- Heat the oil a large skillet.
- Add the chopped onion and saute until glassy.
- Add the minced garlic and lightly saute.
- Add the prepared kale and cook until wilted.
- Add the drained beans, canned tomatoes, Italian seasonings, cayenne and salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook the gnocchi in the salted water – it only takes a few minutes until they are floating.
- When the gnocchi are cooked (floating) drain off the water.
- Serve the gnocchi with the kale and bean mixture, or mix the two altogether.
As a short cut, one could also use beans in tomato sauce and of course, not drain them.
The recipe was adapted from