Gnocchi with Peas, Spinach and a Creamy Lemon Sauce
Wow, was this a nice meal. There is a lovely lemony flavor that gives an added freshness to the peas and spinach.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup non-dairy yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1 clove, garlic minced
- 3 cups (packed) fresh spinach (3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. dried gnocchi
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- Simmer peas with non-dairy yogurt, red-pepper flakes, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sauté the spinach in separate pan with a bit of oil and garlic, to add to the plate of gnocchi at the end.
- Meanwhile fry the gnocchi in a pan with a bit of margarine or olive oil. This will result in lightly golden brown gnocchi that are crunchy on the outside but soft on the inside.
- Add the nutritional yeast to the sauce and stir in the lemon zest and juice.
- Serve the gnocchi with the sauce poured over.
- Place a few spinach leaves on the plate next to the gnocchi and creamy pea sauce.
Either use fresh or frozen peas. If using frozen peas, do not thaw first, add them to the non-dairy yogurt frozen.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.