We really enjoyed this salad last night. The mango tastes lovely in the salad, and we enjoy raw corn as much as roasted or grilled.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2-3 medium-large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 1 mango, peeled, cut from the stone and cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled, nut removed and cut in pieces
for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dash maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taster
- Drain and rinse the beans in a colander.
- Place the drained beans in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add to the beans.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop.
- Add the tomato pieces to the beans and corn.
- De-seed the bell pepper and chop.
- Add the pepper pieces to the salad.
- Cut the stone from the mango then peel and cut into pieces
- Add the mango pieces to the salad.
- Chop the coriander and add to the salad.
- Mix the salad dressing, add to the salad and gently mix.
- Shortly before serving the salad, peel the avocado, remove the nut and cut into pieces.
- Add the avocado pieces to the salad and server.