Roasted Parsnip, Carrot, Sweet Potato with Orange Rosemary Sauce
This is a really delicious side dish. It is great as a holiday side dish or as a winter meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into rounds and half moons
- 1 lb. parsnips, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 orange, zest
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- salt and pepper
- garnished with rosemary sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Mix the orange juice, zest, chopped rosemary, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium large bowl.
- Whisk well to blend.
- Add the peeled and sliced sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots.
- Toss well so all the vegetables are covered in the sauce.
- Place the vegetables in a casserole dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove from the oven, sprinkle the hazelnuts on top.
- Garnish with extra rosemary sprigs.