Mashed Potatoes on Red Cabbage and Smoked Tofu Casserole
- 1 pkg (520 grams) red cabbage with apples
- 500 grams (7-8 med.) potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 baking apples, peeled and sliced in bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons margarine or oil
- 1 pkg. (180 grams) smoked tofu pieces
- 100 grams walnut pieces, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (392 F).
- Peel the potatoes, cook in salty water, drain the water and mash the potatoes, adding a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Place the red cabbage evenly in the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and place on top of the red cabbage.
- In a frying pan, heat the 3 tablespoons of margarine or oil, and warm the tofu pieces.
- When they are ready place them on top of the apples.
- Put the mashed potatoes on top of the tofu pieces.
- And top off with pieces of walnut on top.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven to bake for 15- 20 minutes.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.