Red Bell Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup
It has been the first time that we used red bell peppers and sweet potatoes in a soup. Not only are the colors beautiful, the soup was also very delicious.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 sweet potato, pealed and cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- chili powder
- tabasco to taste
- fresh basil
- Fry the onion, garlic, pepper and sweet potato over a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice and vegetable bouillon and puree the mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Cook the soup on a low heat.
- Season with salt, pepper chili powder, lemon juice and tabasco.
- Allow the soup to simmer for 15 minutes.
- GArnish the soup for serving with the basil leaves cut in very fine strips.