Rice Balls with a Chocolate Heart
Serving Size: 4
- 100 grams risotto rice
- 50 grams bitter-sweet chocolate bar, broken in pieces
- 1 tbs. sugar
- pinch salt
- 400 ml. (1&1/2 cups) water
- bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- 3 oranges
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- 1 tbs. sugar
- Put the rice in a sauce pan with a spoonful of oil.
- Fry the rice a bit and then add the water and a pinch of salt.
- When the rice begins to cook and some of the water has cooked off, add 1 tablespoon of sugar and the vanilla.
- Continue cooking the rice for about 25 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Cook the rice until it is soft and almost a smooth mass.
- Set aside and allow to cool and solidify.
- Juice 2 oranges.
- Put the juice in a saucepan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and the cornstarch and cook the orange juice.
- When the juice has thickened turn the heat down to very low.
- Make 8 ping-pong ball sized balls from the cooled rice.
- Push a chunk of broken chocolate into the center of the ball and roll smooth in your hand so that the chocolate is completely hidden and sealed.
- Coat each rice ball with bread crumbs.
- Slice the remaining orange in 8 very thin slices.
- Heat a frying pan with a bit of oil.
- Fry the orange slices gently until just golden brown.
- Clean the frying pan and add fresh oil.
- Fry the rice balls until golden brown.
- Place a tablespoonful of the orange juice syrup on a plate.
- Place 2 slices of the grilled orange on or near the syrup, and put a rice ball on top of each orange slice.
- Two for each person.
If there is left over orange syrup you can drizzle a bit on top of the rice balls.