Gnocchi with Tomato, Basil and Olives
This tomato sauce with the fresh basil and black olives really gives the gnocchi a lovely flavor.
Serving Size: 2
- 1/2 cup green or black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 can (400 grams) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1 package (500 grams) gnocchi
- 1/2 cup soy cheese (optional), grated
- 4-12 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried, and shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the crushed tomatoes in a deep pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the olives and tomato paste and cook.
- Add the salt, pepper and Italian herbs and simmer
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook and the gnocchi according to the directions.
- Add the fresh basil to the tomato sauce.
- Drain the gnocchi and serve with the Italian sauce on top.
- As an option, grated soy cheese on top is also nice.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.