Gnocchi with Tomato, Basil and Olives
This tomato sauce with the fresh basil and black olives really gives the gnocchi a lovely flavor.
Serving Size: 2
- 1/2 cup green or black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 can (400 grams) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1 package (500 grams) gnocchi
- 1/2 cup soy cheese (optional), grated
- 4-12 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried, and shredded
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the crushed tomatoes in a deep pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the olives and tomato paste and cook.
- Add the salt, pepper and Italian herbs and simmer
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook and the gnocchi according to the directions.
- Add the fresh basil to the tomato sauce.
- Drain the gnocchi and serve with the Italian sauce on top.
- As an option, grated soy cheese on top is also nice.