Curried Lentils with Rhubarb and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 c. red lentils (dry)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 & 1/2 c. water
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1 c. rhubarb, cubed
- 1 & 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 c. coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- Put the water, bullion cube, lentils and sliced sweet potato in a pot and cook.
- Saute the rhubarb with the sugar in the oil.
- When the lentils and sweet potato are tender, drain off any excess liquid
- and place in a greased oven proof baking dish.
- Put the rhubarb on top of the mixture.
- Bake at 400 (F) for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coconut over the top just before serving.
- Serve with brown rice.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.