Curried Lentils with Rhubarb and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 c. red lentils (dry)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 & 1/2 c. water
- 1 vegetable bullion cube
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1 c. rhubarb, cubed
- 1 & 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 c. coconut, shredded, unsweetened
- Put the water, bullion cube, lentils and sliced sweet potato in a pot and cook.
- Saute the rhubarb with the sugar in the oil.
- When the lentils and sweet potato are tender, drain off any excess liquid
- and place in a greased oven proof baking dish.
- Put the rhubarb on top of the mixture.
- Bake at 400 (F) for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coconut over the top just before serving.
- Serve with brown rice.