Silly Peter Salad
This is another sort of tabbouleh salad.
Serving Size: 6
- 2 bunches of parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 cup bulgur or couscous
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Soften the bulgur or couscous in 1 cup of water for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Pour off any left over water and set the grains in a large salad bowl.
- Cut the parsley very fine, you can use a knife or scissors. (Don’t use the big thick stems, just the leaves)
- Finely chop the onion and tomato and add to the salad.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil salt and pepper, and add to the salad.
- Allow to season in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Best served at room temperature.
This salad keeps well, and in fact tastes even better on the second day.
It makes a yummy sandwich with a nice spread and a large helping of Silly Peter.