We had a very good summer for zucchini. This year we grew yellow zucchini, and froze a lot so we would have it during the year.
Zucchini that has been frozen works best in stews or soups. This makes a very tasty meal, especially when served over couscous that has been cooked with 1 cube of vegetable bouillon.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 tsp. marjoram
- 1 bell pepper or pepperoncini, deseeded and cut into pieces
- 1 can chickpeas
- 100 grams tempeh or tofu, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup soy cheese, grated (optional)
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add the tempeh or tofu and saute until golden brown.
- Add zucchini/squash, bell pepper & marjoram and cook on medium heat until zucchini/squash is just tender.
- Add chickpeas, olives, cumin (or 2 tsp. mint if desired), lemon juice and seasonings.
- Cook until everything is heated through.
- Ladle mixture over cooked rice or couscous.
- Top with soy cheese. (optional)