This is a great lunch, a snack or a portion of a main meal.
Serving Size: 9
for the dough
- 1&1/2 cups flour
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. curry powder
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 packet yeast
for the filling
- 1/2 head cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1 tbs. garam masala
- 1 tbs. hot curry powder
- pich of salt
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Place the flour in a bowl with a pinch of salt and curry powder.
- Measure 1/2 cup of warm water, place the sugar in the water and then the yeast, stir gently to dissolve.
- Add the yeast water to the flour.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix with a mixer.
- When the dough is well mixed, put a clean towel over the top and place in a warm spot for 1/2 hour or until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Meanwhile, slice the cabbage very thinly and sauté in a frying pan with the oil.
- Add the spices and cook just until the cabbage is wilted.
- Grate the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to (180C) or (325 F).
- Using a tablespoon full of dough form about 10 balls and roll into circles on a well floured surface.
- In the center of each circle of dough, fill 2 or 3 teaspoons full of the cabbage mixture.
- Place the a small portion of the grated cheese on top of the cabbage mixture.
- Fold the circle in half and seal with a fork.
- You may want to brush the dough with oil for a glazed finish. But this is not necessary.
- Place the patties in the oven and bake for 15-20 min. or until golden brown.
If you want it very spice, you can put some Sambal Olek on top as well.
I have 2 very nice dough presses or forms. They open in half and then you lay one piece of the dough on one half, place the filling inside, then the 2nd sheet of dough and close the form to seal the edges. It make the process much easier, cleaner and the patties come out as sweet forms. These are flowers, and i have a heart form also. You can also purchase the traditional one which looks like a half circle.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.