Oven roasted vegetables with a balsamic-maple syrup dressing
This delicious meal really brings a Mediterranean atmosphere in the house and to the table.
The lovely smell of the herbs and roasted vegetables “gets the mouth to watering”.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 bell peppers (I use red and yellow, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced in bite sized pieces
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 100 grams green olives
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled,
- 4 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. maple syrup or corn syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- Peel the carrots and slice them in large bite sized pieces.
- Place the carrots and the shallots in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle olive oil over them and mix them well so that they are cover with the oil.
- Bake them for 10 minutes in a 400 (F) oven.
- Meanwhile, cut the bell peppers and the zucchini in large bite sized pieces.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the carrots, add the zucchini pieces and bell pepper.
- Stir well to coat the zucchini and peppers with oil.
- Sprinkle salt, thyme and rosemary over the vegetables and cook for 10 more minutes at 400 (F).
- After 10 minutes of cooking, add the garlic (in the skins) and the olives.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes more or until all the vegetables are cooked al dente.
- While the vegetables are cooking for the last 10 minutes.
- Make the balsamic/maple syrup sauce.
- Serve the vegetables with the sauce on the side, or you can pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix well.
We enjoy this meal with quinoa or couscous.