Oven roasted vegetables with a balsamic-maple syrup dressing
This delicious meal really brings a Mediterranean atmosphere in the house and to the table.
The lovely smell of the herbs and roasted vegetables “gets the mouth to watering”.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 bell peppers (I use red and yellow, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced in bite sized pieces
- 4 shallots, quartered
- 100 grams green olives
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled,
- 4 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs. maple syrup or corn syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. rosemary
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- Peel the carrots and slice them in large bite sized pieces.
- Place the carrots and the shallots in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle olive oil over them and mix them well so that they are cover with the oil.
- Bake them for 10 minutes in a 400 (F) oven.
- Meanwhile, cut the bell peppers and the zucchini in large bite sized pieces.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the carrots, add the zucchini pieces and bell pepper.
- Stir well to coat the zucchini and peppers with oil.
- Sprinkle salt, thyme and rosemary over the vegetables and cook for 10 more minutes at 400 (F).
- After 10 minutes of cooking, add the garlic (in the skins) and the olives.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes more or until all the vegetables are cooked al dente.
- While the vegetables are cooking for the last 10 minutes.
- Make the balsamic/maple syrup sauce.
- Serve the vegetables with the sauce on the side, or you can pour the sauce over the vegetables and mix well.
We enjoy this meal with quinoa or couscous.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.