Minty pea and rice salad with apples
This salad is so nice and light, and quick and easy to make too! It also travels well so can be brought to a pot luck super or on a picnic.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 apple, cut into small pieces
- fresh mint leaves
- light dressing
- 4 tbs. pineapple juice
- 3 tbs. soy cream
- lemon juice
- 1 packet dried salad spices
- Cook the rice ahead of tie allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- Add the thawed peas.
- Finely chop the mint leaves and add to the salad
- Make the salad dressing.
- Cut the apple and add to the salad.
- Pour the dressing over and mix.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.