Quinoa salad with smoked tofu, grapes and almonds
What a lovely and healthy salad this is, especially on a warm summer day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa
- 1 cube vegetable bullion
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 pkg. Italian salad dressing herbs
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups spicy tofu, cut in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups green grapes, cut in half
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir quinoa and a vegetable bouillon cube.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Uncover and let cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over low heat for 3–5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk vinegar and Italian salad dressing in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking well.
- Place the quinoa in a large serving bowl add tofu and grapes toss with a fork to mix well.
- Pour the salad dressing over the mixture and once again. toss to mix.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill and season for at least 4 hours.
- Add toasted almonds just before serving and garnish with whole grapes if desired.
- Serve at room temperature.
It tastes even better on the second day when the salad has had time to soak up the flavors of the dressing.