Broccoli Paprika Soup
Mildly spicy and full of good health, this colorful soup tastes great on a chilly day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 med broccoli
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tbs. paprika paste or 2 red bell peppers
- Wash the broccoli.
- Cut the stem in bite sized pieces and cut the florets into smaller pieces.
- Place the broccoli in a pot with the water and bouillon.
- Cook the broccoli until soft.
- Meanwhile, if using fresh red bell pepper, remove the seeds cut into bite sized pieces and saute in a bit of oil.
- Add the sautéed bell pepper to the soup and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- If using the paprika paste instead of the bell pepper, add the 2 tablespoons of paprika paste to the broccoli.
- When the broccoli is soft, puree the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Add the nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.
Paprika paste is usually found at a Turkish or middle European grocery stores. It is a very handy ingredient to have, it is the consistency of tomato paste, but made from sweet bell peppers and mildly spicy red peppers.