Zucchini tartar with paprika-raspberry puree
The simple flavor of the raw grated zucchini is pepped up with the paprika and raspberry puree. This recipe does taste as lovely as it looks.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 4 pieces chives, sniped finely
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- for the puree
- 2 tbs. paprika puree
- 2 tbs. raspberry puree or sauce
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tbs. rice wine vinegar
- Grate the zucchini into a colander.
- Sprinkle it with salt and allow the liquids to drain out for 1/2 an hour.
- Squeeze out any remaining liquid and rise well with cold water.
- Once again, squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and some of the chopped chives. (Hold enough chives aside to use for garnishing.
- Place in a round form and allow to sit in the refrigerator until needed.
- Meanwhile, puree the ingredients for the paprika raspberry puree together in a blender.
- Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of puree on a plate, set the zucchini round in the middle.
- Garnish with the chives and serve.
If you don’t have raspberry puree, any berry puree or sauce would be a fine alternative.