Yellow pepper soup
Yellow banana peppers have a very mild sweet flavor which give a delightful flavor to this soup, while the cashews lend their lovely nutty flavors.
Serving Size: 2
- 4 yellow sweet peppers (banana peppers, or Hungarian peppers otherwise yellow bell peppers
- 2 tbs. oil
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup cashews
- 1&1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons mild mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional but nicce)
- dash white pepper
- Slice and de-seed the peppers, and chop them in bite sized pieces.
- Peel the outer skin from the shallots and cut them finely.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized sauce pan add the shallots and peppers.
- Saute the peppers until they are soft.
- Add the water salt, pepper and cashews and further cook until all ingredients are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Puree all the ingredients.
- Add the mustard and thin the soup with the white wine.
- Season to taste with additional salt pepper and or mustard.
- Re-warm the soup before serving.
- Garnish with croutons.
Inspired by http://www.justsouprecipes.com/sou-0106988.html