Sauerkraut casserole with sun-dried tomatoes and seitan
Sauerkraut and potatoes go so nicely together. This is very quick and easy to make and quite satisfying on a cold winter’s day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 can/package sauerkraut
- 1 pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes
- 100 grams soy cheese, grated
- 250 grams or 8 oz. seitan or tempeh, cut in bite sized chunks
- 100 ml. soy cream or soy milk
- ground pepper
- 7-8 sundried tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- cayenne pepper
- Empty the can of sauerkraut into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Separate it a bit with a fork so that it is spread all over the dish.
- Open the frozen potatoes and mix well into the sauerkraut.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes and seitan or tempeh into bite sized pieces and mix into the sauerkraut potato mixture.
- Pour the soy cream or soy milk into a bowl and grate most of the soy cheese into the milk.
- Add cayenne and black pepper to the milk.
- Pour the milk and spices over the sauerkraut/potato mixture and mix well.
- Grate the last little bit of soy cheese on top of the mixture and garnish with slices of the 2nd apple.
- Place in the oven to bake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes on a medium oven or until crispy golden brown.
We find this meal tastes nice with a whole wheat baguette and a fresh salad.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.